Become a Pilates Mat Teacher! The Mat program provides instruction in Pilates principles, techniques and practice with emphasis on group dynamics for the Pilates Mat.
Mat Qualification Course – Oct-Dec 2018 , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The full Professional Mat Course is comprised of 5 parts. They must be taken in the following order: Gateway Pilates Online, Gateway Mat 1, PP Online, Mat Intermediate, Mat Advanced. Successful completion of the series will enable participants the opportunity to gain qualification by sitting for the Mat Exam.
||Must be Done Before Gateway Mat 1
|Gateway Mat 1
||6-7 Oct 2018
||Must be Done Before Mat Intermediate
||3-4 Nov 2018
||1 Dec 2018
- Target audience
- Mat exercises for beginning through advanced levels
- Dynamics of group training
- Program design and exercise sequencing
- Advanced cueing skills
- Exercise modifications for a variety of populations
- For those that want to become a Pilates Mat Teacher!
- The health and fitness professional who is interested in basic instruction in the use of Pilates Mat exercises to supplement their current practice. From personal trainers, to Yoga instructors to physiotherapists, this could be the perfect programme for you.
- Teachers who want to add Pilates to their reportoite in order to get the best out of their students - Physical Education teachers, Ballet teachers can all add another string to their bow!
- For Pilates Enthusiasts who want to experience Pilates at a deeper level. This will enable you to understand Pilates exercise in greater detail, leading to improved and more effective Pilates workouts at the studio or at home.
- For Comprehensive Graduates who want to gain some knowledge of group (Mat or Reformer) teaching, and vice versa.
- Gateway Pilates Online - This three hour on-line training is a requirement for all who attend any of the Gateway Pilates training courses. The on-line course consists of three lectures: Pilates history and evolution, Polestar movement principles and professional ethics and scope of practice. Each of these sections is followed by a brief written exam on-line.
- Gateway Mat 1 (GM1) - This two-day Pilates experience will teach you how to provide four basic Pilates Mat classes comprised of preparatory and original Pilates Mat exercises. The Gateway educator will provide ample experiences for real time practice of each of the 4 Pilates Mat sequences.
- PP Online - This non-apparatus online course applies current research in movement science, biomechanics, kinesiology and motor learning to instructional practice through six basic movement principles that are utilised throughout the Polestar curriculum.
- Mat Intermediate (MInt) - This 2-day course module adds depth to what was learned in Gateway, and teaches 25 Mat exercises. The six basic Polestar Pilates Principles are incorporated into the learning process, to provide a clear understanding of the underlying fundamentals of each mat exercise. Programme design and exercise sequencing are addressed for a variety of group exercise and personal training settings. Verbal, tactile and imagery cues are used to facilitate motor learning.
- Mat Advanced (MAdv) - This course module brings it all together. On top of learning 19 Mat exercises, Polestar Pilates Principles are applied to verbal, tactile and combined cueing. Programme design and exercise sequencing are discussed for a variety of clients and class settings. To enhance teaching outcomes, Polestar instructors provide analysis and critique of instructional styles.
Gateway 1 Course completed.
25 hours of private or group Pilates classes (recommended).
Basic knowledge of Anatomy or Anatomy Course.